Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Apparently I need a little thyroid

In the fall of 2013 a doctor put me on desiccated Pig Thyroid. Apparently it is better for you then the synthetic kind. I just remember waking up a few weeks later feeling like myself again! Here's what happened:
1. My eyebrows started growing back.
2. I wasn't FREEZING anymore. (even in the summer, of course that's not saying much in Calgary)
3. I wasn't EXHAUSTED anymore.
4. I didn't have irrational anxiety.
5. I stopped getting cracked heels.
6. My Brain Fog is gone.

I expected that I would drop the weight since I felt so much better now. Surprise! I didn't! I do think that going off bread and sugar might not have had the same results had I not been on thyroid meds. This was another key factor on my journey to wellness.

BTW, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's which is an autoimmune disorder that attacks your thyroid. It's genetic and my Dad had it. Add that to my genetic deficiencies!

A great book to read: Overcoming Thyroid disorders Davide Brownstein, MD

No comments:

Post a Comment