Sunday, February 15, 2015

The definition of Insanity - Somethings gotta change

So a year ago my friend Ruth Fullmer told me about a book called The Belly Fat Cure. It's one thing to avoid eating the sugar you know you're eating but this book talks about hidden sugar. It's in everything!!! I also read Wheat Belly, so I decided if I couldn't lose weight I would have to live my life like I did have it so I wouldn't get it. So no bread, no sugar became my mantra. VERY slowly the weight started to come off. A few things changed.

Buy it here

1. My taste buds. The flavors in food were more pronounced. I can taste sugar now in things. If I'm eating out and I get it unknowingly my taste buds tell me.

2. I don't eat as much.

3. I don't feel sick when I go to bed anymore from overeating or eating the wrong kinds of food.

4. I like cheese now.

5. I eat dark chocolate every day.

6. Salad dressings have lots of sugar

7. I eat breakfast (usually 3 different ones)

It's become a lifestyle for me and I never want to go back.

KEY ELEMENTS:

Get the book Belly Fat Cure to find out how to stock your fridge and pantry. It's changing your go to things that really makes a difference. I carried snacks in my car so I wouldn't be tempted to eat something bad.

GO TO FOODS:

Cheese strings (Canada) String cheese (US)
pistachios
mixed unsalted nuts
Guacamole and no sugar tortilla chips (kirkland brand is good)
parmesan artichoke dip (Costco canada) with Super low sugar crackers
Red Pepper Hummus sugar snap peas
apple
celery natural peanut butter no sugar (costco)
Zip Fizz (costco USA)
Perrier with lemon or lime or plain


Breakfasts:

Body by Vi protein powder, ice, almond milk, natural peanut butter, cocoa, banana (optional)


Dinners:

hawaiian haystacks
spaghetti
Fish, hashbrowns/cheese, veggies, salad


Sometimes I do eat bread and sugar but it's the exception, not the rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment